Sunday, July 17, 2022

Birbs of Saskatchetoon - Willet

 I'm sorry... My dad was a horrible punster and this apple has not fallen nearly far enough from the tree... 

Pretty sure I saw a Willet at the same marsh I spotted the Stilt Sandpipers and very definitely saw one at the Chappell Marsh a few days later. 

Willet in the Birbs of Saskatchetoon 2022 Sketchbook - Volume 2! 

This is the first one I saw. 

It was at the same spot I saw all the sandpipers.

Not great shots... 

But I'm pretty sure it was a willet... 

A few days later, in the evening, I spotted this one at the Chappell Marsh. 

Little more certain it was a Willet. 

I was thinking next up would be more sandpipers... but the more I look at the pictures I have of them, the less certain I am of which type of Sandpipers they are!? I sent them to my friend Ryan, and he pointed out that amongst the pictures I send there were two different types (I has thought it was the same pair!?) and suggested they might be two different sandpipers that I hadn't even considered!? Aye-yi-yi... so many sandpipers... 

So I might just skip on by those.

The next few after that are the Ruddy Duck, Black Tern, Bonaparte's Gull, Belted Kingfisher and Bobolink. I'm hope is to do at least one a day until I'm caught up. We'll see if that works out.


3 comments:

  1. So you are a punster to the core?
    Another nice piece of artwork and some good photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really... But once in a while one slips out and I feel like I'm channelling my dad.

      Delete