Sunday, July 17, 2022

Birbs of Saskatchetoon - MOAR Sandpiper

The same day I saw the Stilt Sandpipers and Willet, there were loads of others wading around in the shallow water dunking their beaks down into the mud. I took pictures. I figured I’d sort out what they were later. I thought I figured out what they were... but every time I look at them, I realize something's not right with what I through it was and I change my mind. 

I recently showed pictures I took to my friend Ryan, who actually KNOWS STUFF about birds, and he suggested the birds I thought were one pair, were actually two different pairs, and thought MAYBE they were two different types I had not yet even considered!?  

It’s over a month later and, I have to be honest, I still really have no idea what kind of Sandpipers they really were, for certain. I had NO IDEA there were even SO MANY different kinds of sandpipers!? So I’m just saying I saw MOAR sandpipers. And that’s good enough for me, for now. Maybe some day/year I’ll figure out the differences. 

MOAR Sandpipers in the Birbs of Saskatchetoon 2022 Sketchbook - Volume 2

Below are some of the pictures I took of the sandpipers. Maybe one day I'll figure out the differences between them.... 

Still To Do: Ruddy Duck, Black Tern, Bonaparte's Gull, Belted Kingfisher, Bobolink, Red-Breasted Nuthatch, Red-Eyed Verio, Cedar Waxwing, Redhead, Peregrin Falcon, American Kestrel, and a Baltimore Oriole!!


No comments:

Post a Comment