Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Birbs of Saskatchetoon - Yellow-Headed Blackbird

I went out for a second ride on Wednesday, after seeing the Towhee, up to Chief Mistawasis Bridge, and then east along McOrmand Drive thought the Northeast Swale. At the very first westland east of the bridge - a small one, right next to the freeway, there were PILES of birds... American Coots, Northern Shovellers, Mallards, Canvasbacks, Canada Geese, Horned Grebes, Red-Winged Blackbirds, and more! 

It was there that I spotted the first Yellow-headed Blackbird of the year. 

Yellow-Headed Black Bird in the Birbs of Saskatchtoon Sketchbook. 

These are a few of the pictures I took on the day.. 


I've added a page with a complete list of all the birds I've seen so far this year - including links to the blog post with that bird:

Birbs of Saskatchetoon 2022 List

1 comment: