Saturday, May 14, 2022

Birbs of Saskatchetoon - Horned Grebe and Red-Necked Grebe

 I saw three different Grebes on Wednesday, 4 May 2022. I saw a Western Grebe again, which I'd seen in the same location a few days earlier. But there was another grebe out there that looked quite different. I was looking at it through binoculars and then looking away to my little sketchbook to make a quick sketch and notes about colours. Then I'd look for it again through that binoculars and find it and think "WTF did I just draw, that isn't anything like this..!?" It took me a moment to realize I'd been looking at TWO other grebes!? 

I didn't really get any photos of these at all - I was so busy looking and trying to make notes I kind of forgot to (though if you look close you can see one in the pictures of the Western Grebe... I forget which one it was...?) 

Horned Grebe in the Birbs of Saskatchetoon Sketchbook 

Red-Necked Grebe in the Birbs of Saskatchetoon Sketchbook. 


2 comments:

  1. Cool! The horned grebe looks like a muppet.
    I like the paintings, and how you did the reflections in the water

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha-ha! It did look pretty weird! Thanks!

      Delete