Monday, May 16, 2022

Birbs of Saskatchetoon - Tree Swallow

 A week ago I saw a couple of Swallows on a power line near Riverside Estates while out for a ride with a friend. I was pretty sure they were Tree Swallows... but because of angle of sun and weird lighting produced, I coudln't be 100% sure. Yesterday, however, I rode out to the Chappell Marsh Conservation area and there were just SWARMS of them dipping and diving through clouds of mosquitos. 

At least one had taken up residence in one of the many bird boxes around the marsh. 

Usually these boxes are full - one in the box, one sitting on top ready to flying out and grab a snack.

Probably be more if I go out there again in a few days. 

They go so fast... hard to catch them in flight. 

Tree Swallow in the Birbs of Saskatchetoon Sketchbook. 

One more to get caught up... 

Maybe later today!

(or tomorrow...) 

No comments:

Post a Comment