Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Birbs of Saskatchetoon - the Sketchbook Volume One

I created my first tiktok video. 

@tim.in.saskatoon Birbs of Saskatchetoon Sketchbook 2022 Volume One #birbsofsaskatchetoon #birdart #birdartist #yxeartist ♬ original sound - tim.in.saskatoon

If the embed isn't working, you'll just have to follow this link... 

Birds of Saskatchetoon 2022 Sketchbook

I started this project at the beginning of this year. The idea was to draw or paint a pictures of every new bird species I saw this year. Kind of like a visual bird list.

The main idea was to give myself a challenge; to do something new and keep making art without having to put a lot of thought into it. I just had to draw the next bird that I saw. Honestly very little thought was put into it beyond that and that I was going to do it all in this one book. So things are a bit all over the place.

I have been posting the individual pictures created across a few social media platforms, as I created them. Now that I’ve finished filling the first sketchbook, I thought I’d share a video of it so people who can’t just come over to my place and have a look at it could see what it all looks like together. 

It’s been a bit anxiety causing doing it all in one book. If they were done one individual pages, if I fucked something up I could just throw it away, do another one. If I got something horribly horribly wrong and someone pointed it out on the internet, posts could be deleted. Hard to do any of those things when it’s all bound in a book together… 

Hey if anyone else is on tiktok, please share or send me a link to a video or profile so I can find you there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment