Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Birbs of Saskatchetoon - Turkey Vulture

 After making notes about the Hooded Merganser, we continued north along the trail and made a brief stop at my folks place and spoke with my mom. Carrying on from there We took a slightly different path back to the Meewassin trail, checking out the newer sections of park pathways through River Heights and from there, on the high bank, we spotted a pair of Turkey Vultures soaring above the river! 

Turkey Vulture in the Birbs of Saskatchetoon Sketchbook. 

Turkey Vutlure over the river. 

Then there were two! 

A few days later I spotted another just south of town

It flew right over my head.

Despite the crappy little camera on hand.


Getting a bit behind on these... I have ten to do to get caught up! 

Still to come: 

  1. Purple Martin
  2. Osprey 
  3. Yellow Warbler
  4. Barn Swallow
  5. Song Sparrow 
  6. Eastern Kingbird
  7. Grey Catbird
  8. American Avocet
  9. Clay-Coloured Sparrow
  10. Wilson’s Phalarope

and that will also finish off the first sketchbook!? 

2 comments:

  1. How many points would that get you in Wingspan?
    Nice soaring art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I don't remember?! Is the Turkey Vulture a big point card? I have a feeling it's fairly low points because it's so easy to put into play (don't need to feed it anything) and it has a pretty good power - I think it's a once between turns when someone uses a murder power you gain a food from the supply...?

      Delete