Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Birbs of Saskatchetoon - American Wigeon

I kind of spotted the American Wigeon by accident. I think I was trying to take some better pictures of Gadwalls with The Good Camera - something better than the ones I first took with my pocket camera. When I got home and was looking at them, I was, like; “who is THIS that was paddling around amongst the other ducks!?” It took some looking, but eventually Amanda and I were able to figure out who this was! 

Later, I ended up with another bunch of pictures of Wigeons. But, again, they were photobombing pictures I was trying to take of Pelicans and others out on the island in the river!? 

American Wigeon in the Birbs of Saskatchetoon 2022 Sketchbook (Volume One!) 

That first America Wigeon I spotted. 

Photobombing American Wigeon amongst the Pelicans and Cormorant. 

I'm totally going to just remember these as the ones that photobomb pictures of other birds. Look at it just parading through my shot!? 

OMG! MORE of them!? Fucking Attention Hogging Divas!? 


(I am, of course, just being silly. They are lovely birds. I just find it funny that BOTH times I happened to take pictures of them, it was purely by accident!? ) 





No comments:

Post a Comment