Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Birbs of Saskatchetoon - Wilson's Phalarope

One last bird I spotted on my travels in and around the Northeast Swale, on Saturday, 28 May 2022 - Wilson’s Phalarope. 

Now, I WAS carrying “The Good Camera”, but the battery died… (last time I will make THAT mistake! Well… probably not… buuuuuut…) Luckily I was still carrying my little pocket camera (so, technically, I was carrying THREE cameras that day; pocket camera, The Good Camera, and the one on my phone) because I was still just “trying out” The Good Camera and was able to take a few not-terrible pics of this new bird paddling around in circles the pond. Between that and a quick stretch and notes I made after looking at it with The Good Binoculars, Amanda and I were able to figure out what it was, when I got home; a FEMALE Wilson’s Phalarope!? 

Wilson's Phalerope in the Birbs of Saskatchetoon 2022 Sketchbook (Volume One) 

It also happens to be the LAST ONE going into this first volume of the Birbs of Saskatchetoon 2022 Sketchbook! Yay! 

odd little thing out on the water. 

Just kind of zooming around in circles and munching on stuff. 

clearly smaller than the ducks around it. 

The little sketches I made in my field book


1 comment: