Monday, October 31, 2022

Critters on Bicycles - Cory the Peregrin Falcon

 

Cory the Peregrin Falcon on his old purple Concorde mountain bike. 

Oh, how I coveted that purple mountain bike. 

Now I have my own purple mountain bike (the PURPLE SURLY KARATE MONKEY!). When I look at my own, I think of that old purple Concorde. I think less about how I coveted that bike, however, and more about how I miss riding places with Cory. 

And that is 31 critters on bicycle drawings in 31 days. This is probably the most productive/successful Inktober/October-Drawing-Challenge EVER, for me. Not only did I do a critter on a bicycle each day, MOST days I did one or two ADDITIONAL drawings (mostly for the 40 Days of 40K challenge)!? It was a bit nuts. But it was kind of awesome. 

I’m not done thought. There are 60 pages in the sketchbook I’m doing these in, so, I was going to try and just keep going with a drawing in each every day until the end of November to fill up BOTH books (Critters on Bicycles AND 40+ Days of 40K)… But I think that might be a bit much. I do want to keep this momentum going, however, so I will try to do a drawing in ONE of the sketchbooks each day, which means I would finish up around the end of December. 

Of course, I also have some other things I’ve been wanting to work on… so I’ll be doing that as well… 

Maybe it will be the end of January that I finish both books…? 

It’s only just occurred to me NOW, as I’m finishing the 31st drawing, that what I COULD have done to FILL the sketchbook, in one month, was to use only one side of each page - and on the opposing page written something - about the person and/or critter and/or bike… ugh… Maybe NEXT year I’ll remember to do this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment