Wednesday, October 5, 2022

40 Days of 40K - Eldar

 

Day Three - Eldar

That first box set of plastic Space Marines was my first experience of Games Workshop/Citadel Miniatures Warhammer 40,000. I'm not sure we even had the Rogue Trader BOOK in at the Wizard's Corner in Saskatoon. I think I also picked up a pair of gretchin and squats - that were briefly produced under licence by Rafm, I think...? 

As actual metal Citadel 40K miniatures slowly trickled across the ocean and into Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada in the late 80s, it was the Eldar that were my first true love... and my first true force. They were PIRATES back then - much like the recent Corsairs. And the following first of their Shuriken Catapults was BRUTAL. 

I probably only had about 20-30 of them, plus a las cannon on a tripod, and a dreadnaught (Wraithlord)... and a handful of Harlequins - that I STILL have! But it was a force to be reckoned with! 





No comments:

Post a Comment