Monday, October 3, 2022

40 Days of 40K - Space Marine

 Because I apparently don't have ENOUGH things I'm trying to do with the Birbs of Saskatchetoon and the Critters on Bicycles... 

I discovered there's a 40 Days of 40K Challenge....

As Barney Stinson would say: "CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!"  

Day One - Space Marine

This is a Marine of the Tangermarine Chapter - It's the homebrew chapter I've used for a few of my Marine models. The very first plastic Space Marines models I had from Games Workshop, WAAAAAAAAAY back in 1989...? I painted orange. I still love that colour for Marines. It kind of says; "We know you know where we are and we WANT you to know we know and that we DON'T CARE that you know, because we're just THAT badass... Go ahead and shoot first, we'll be the ones shooting last" 

Those first ones I did with a simple stylized jesters head and called them The Emperor's Jesters. I may have worked some purple into their livery as well...? But so many others have called their chapters Emperor's Jesters, I had to come up with something new. So... Tangermarines. It's kind of silly and stupid... But man, I just can't take little space men wargames all that serious. There was a real tongue-in-cheek-ness to so much of the original 40K Rogue Trader stuff that's kind of stuck with me all these years. 

2 comments:

  1. Cool beaky marine. It does look old school. I like the Tangermarine moniker, too.

    I call my mousling space marines "Ultramurines" - because murine is like canine or feline, but refers to mice and related rodents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I have a soft spot for those old beaky marines... I was SERIOUSLY tempted by the Horus Heresy boxed set for that reason alone. When I found out the rules were just a rehash of the pre-8th edition 40K rules, I decided against it...

      Delete