Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Moar Magpie

 

I like magpies. I’ve been meaning to do a few more pictures of them… but keep seeing new birds to add to the Birds of Saskatchetoon Sketchbook, so… I took a bit of a break from those yesterday and did these two quick sketches yesterday. Both based on photos I took.

Magpie on a Wire Fence - 20cmx20cm (8'x8") - Ink and Watercolour on Paper


Magpie: Stay Off The Wall - 20cmx20cm (8'x8") - Ink and Watercolour on Paper


Magpie on the fence that surrounds part of the Northeast Swale

Just down the street the other day, as I was heading out for a bike ride, I encountered a cat and a magpie on a wall. Magpie kept creeping up on cat from behind and pecking its bum. 

If the cat flinched, the magpie flapped back a bit. 

... and then would creep back and peck it again.

Eventually teh cat had enough and tried to take a swipe at the magpie.

Magpie just flew around behing the cat again. Cat decided it had enough... 

That's right, pussy cat, you stay the fuck away! 

No comments:

Post a Comment