Monday, May 9, 2022

Birbs of Saskatchetoon - Franklin's Gull

 One last bird I was able to identify on my bike ride the last Saturday in April... 

Franklin's Gull in the Birbs of Saskatchetoon Sketchbook. 

I tried to get a picture or two... but it was just a mess of blurry gulls, entirely indistinguishable from each other... 

I did see one other birb that Saturday. Just before I got to the QE2 Power Plant I'd spotted two hawks or raptors wheeling about in the sky above the river. I tried taking pics and made a sketch and notes... but was unable to determine what kind of birb  it was.

3 comments:

  1. Dangerous viewpoint...
    But different and well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought similar as I was standing there looking directly up and all those gulls flying back and forth; "This is probably not the smartest thing I've ever done..." but I did it... FOR ART!!!

      Thanks!

      Delete
    2. I definitely kept my mouth shut!!!

      Delete