Thursday, May 5, 2022

Birbs of Saskatchetoon - Common Loon

A friend said he had seen LOONS near an island in the river between the University Bridge and the weir… maybe on Wednesday last week… and I didn’t getup there Thursday, so I was determined to get there Friday… but the day kind of got away on my, so late afternoon/early evening, I made a short trip down the trail really hoping I wasn’t too late and  I might see one before they head further north. 



The trip was not a waste! I did spot one Common Loon swimming along the river (and occasionally diving). 



I have seen loons on the river before, but they aren't common. 



I kind of associate them with Northern lakes. I’m guessing this one was just passing through…? 



Followed it for a little bit. 



Common Loon in the Birds of Saskatchetoon Sketchbook! 


That's probably it for today... still have a dozen more to catch up on! 

3 comments:

  1. Nice work.
    I finally started playing a bit of Wingspan (solo). I know you play it. I am enjoying it, and all of the different bird cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! I like that some publishers actually take solo play into account!

      Have you found wingsong? It's an app for phones - you can hover over the bird cards and it will play the birds call. I really enjoy it.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I mostly play solo so that's important for me.
      I did get Windsong - I might have heard about it from your blog at some point. I like it, nice addition to the game and the cards.

      Delete