Sunday, April 3, 2022

Portraits of Amanda (and others)

 I've been wanting to do more figurative/portrait work. I've done a few of Amandax over the last month or so - mostly while sitting and watching Netflix.... 

Most of these are in a tiny 6"x6" watercolour sketchbook. I find it really too small for what I like doing... but I started it, I'll be damned if I just not FINISH filling the sketchbook. I'd actually started it a little over a year ago, in March, 50 days before Amanda's 50th birthday. I thought I'd do a drawing of her each day until she turned 50. I thought I'd try and do a drawing of her doing different things, but as it turned out - while working from home during a pandemic, there WEREN'T a lot of different things she was doing - stand at workstation doing work most of the day, then sit and watch Netflix in the evening... It lasted three days. I missed day four and, as with most things, once I miss ONE DAY, I just lose all momentum and interest in a project. 

26 February 2022... watching... SOMETHING...?!

4 March 2022 - This was at her At-Home-Work-Station... not sure if she was working from home that day or just decided to do MORE work when she got home from work...? I do recall it was later in the day.

18 March 2022 - Watching Bad Vegan on Netflix. The week before we'd watched the Tinder Swindler. She's not picking her nose. I'm not sure WHAT she was doing - self-facial-massage, perhaps? 

Not sure what day, but we were watching Lucifer with Finnegan. We're still watching it. I think this was during the first season. There are SIX. WE thought we'd give it one season to see if it was any good. Of course one season in and we felt like we needed to see it through - to see if it got any better!? I don't HATE the series... but I don't LOVE it either. It often seems like tired mish-mash of tropes and plots from so many other series we've already seen... Yet we keep watching it... 

Watching Brigerton Season Two. Didn't like this season as much as I'd liked the first. I really loved the new characters and some of the plot threads, but overall the season kind of fell flat for me. Kind of felt like a two hour movie that was padded out to fill out an 8 episode season!? 

28 March 2022 - this one was done in a different, slightly larger (8"x8") sketchbook while we were at an appointment on Monday. 

Watching Netflix again... probably Lucifer...? 

1 April 2022 - Amanda attending an online yoga teacher training thingie that she started Friday evening and did all weekend. 

Also did a quick drawing of Finnegan one day doing his school work... also in a different Sketchbook. 

Below are some of the other drawing in the small sketchbook of Amanda... 

2 March 2021 - I don't think she was watching a yoga video... I think it was a work-related zoom seminar or similar...? She just decided to do some yoga while watching it... because she COULD!? 

3 March 2021 - Amanda at her standing, at home work station. computer monitor stacked up on sheafs of printer paper to get it to the right height! 

 4 March 2021 -  The beginning of the sketching while watching Netflix, apparently. we were watching She-Ra and the Princess of Power. The whole family ended up watching the entire series. Mostly. 

June 2021 - Last summer Keiran and Amanda binge-watched the entire series of Glee! I watched a lot, but not all of it. Keiran LOVED it. It was fun. It had it's moments. I got a little tired of it after a few seasons.. 

I really need to try drawing Amanda from the OTHER side... and... maybe some MORE people!? 


No comments:

Post a Comment