Monday, April 11, 2022

Birbs of Saskatchetoon - Bald Eagle.

 As I mentioned on my Bike Blog, Keiran and I had a pretty exciting moment this past weekend when we spotted a Bald Eagle along the river while out for a bike ride. There are lots of pictures on the bike blog with a brief description of the events. 

I didn't immediately recognize it as a bold eagle because it didn't have the iconic white head they are known for! It was very mottled and pretty scruffy-looking! I'm pretty sure what we were looking at was a juvenile/immature Bald Eagle... 

Bald Eagle in my Birbs of Saskatchetoon Sketchbook. 

A number of people have reported to me that they've seen American Robins returning. I've HEARD them, but haven't actually SEEN any... I've also heard Meadowlarks this past week, but have yet to see one of those... 


5 comments:

  1. Nice

    Yeah, in Oregon (a bit farther south than Sask.), I had a robin attacking his reflection in my windows already this spring. (but last night we had some snow!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Ha! We had snow yesterday too!?

      Delete
    2. And more forecast for tonight!? GAH!?

      Delete
  2. The combination of visual and writing is most pleasing.
    I was delighted to see a long tailed tit on the former railway line path yesterday, l don’t think l have seen one for years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alan!
      I'm not familiar with the Long-tailed Tit, so I had to google it. It is a rather lovely little bird, so I can well imagine the excitement at seeing one - especially if you hadn't seen one for a while!

      Delete