Saturday, August 27, 2022

Birbs of Saskatchetoon - Grey Partridge

While out for a ride last weekend, I was startled by a trio of greyish-brown birbs with reddish tail parts bursting out of the tall grass beside the trail.  They veering off to the left and disappearing into the bush ahead, probably landing over the fence in the Saskatoon Gold and Country Club. I was pretty sure these were something I hadn't seen before, so I followed them through line of shrubs.  Just over the fence I saw two of them running about to and fro, clucking and squawking like idiots...? These two seemed larger, so I wondered if the three I'd initially seen were their young and these were parents running distraction, trying to draw me away from wherever the three had secreted themselves?

Grey Partridge in the Birbs of Saskatchetoon 2022 Sketchbook - Volume TWO!

There was no way to get a camera out fast enough to get the trio in flight... but I did get a couple of pictures of the two running around on the golf course.

Halfway through colouring, I realized I TOTALLY FORGOT my handlebar bag!? (Where I keep my camera!) 

They aren't great pictures, because I only took a few quick ones as there WERE golfers out there that would probably be wondering what a weirdo in the bushes just outside the fence was taking pictures of... 


2 comments:

  1. Cool and different. Nice bike's eye view.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I thought I'd try something a little different with this one, and was a little worried part way through... but in the end I think it worked out!

      Delete