Sunday, November 1, 2020

October Challenge - Part the Third

Continuing on with my October drawing challenge - whether you call it inktober or artober or sketchtober or whatever... The idea was to draw something everyday in October (Part the First, Part the Second). I actually did something similar in September as well. 

Wednesday, 21 October 2020

A WEEK after I pinched my finger in an overhead door, I found out it was actually fractured. Tuesday we went out and got a splint for it. It took some getting used to - it was SUPER irritating at first - my finger actually felt WAY WORSE in the splint. I seem to have come to grips with it... or... just got used to it. I get to wear it for 4 weeks. fun times. 

from a photo of Germans surrendering to Canadians at Vimy on 9 April 1917

In the evening Amanda was watching some sort of webinar and sitting relatively still, so... 


Thursday, 22 October 2020

In the morning we went to get influenza vaccinations. Afterwards we had to wait for 15 minutes - in case there were any immediate reactions. 

Started to draw Amanda... but then she decided to take her jackets off. 

One friend on facebook suggested I should have gone all Marcel Duchamp and practiced my cubism skills.. A well... next time...

Jackets off and settled in with a book for a few minutes while we waited... 


Saturday, 24 October 2020

Amanda. Chillin. 

Also Amanda Chilling. 

Do you sense a theme developing here...? 


Sunday, 25 October 2020 

Lucy Dickhardo (Amanda's Burlesque alter-ego) from a photo I took of her during a break at the Babes, Boobs, and Bands fundraiser for the Saskatoon International Burlesque Festival. 


Monday, 26 October 2020 

Lucy D again. Also from a picture taken while she was getting ready for a show last year. 


Wednesday, 28 October 2020 

Amanda. Online office meeting. 

Another meeting. 


Thursday, 29 October 2020 

Amanda again. It may look like she's falling asleep during a work meeting - she's actually looking down referring to cue cards while leading an online Yoga Nidra session she's been putting on for the Grad Students Association. 

Friday, 30 October 2020

Lucy D again - also from photos. 

and... that's it... 

After a solid month of a clear project in September, I kind of feel like I've been flailing this month... Ah, well... some drawings got drawn... Maybe next month will be better... 

2 comments:

  1. Subjects moving are just something a portrait artist just needs to deal with. It's either that or take up still life instead.

    TBH, your flu pic is my favourite one here because of the dynamic markings. But I like your developing style overall.

    ReplyDelete