Thursday, December 31, 2020

December - Part Three - Dragonflies on Bikes

I did less drawing and painting the last couple weeks....  

Black Meadowhawk Rides a Red Cervelo I - Process

I tried painting a dragonfly on a bike. I like bikes. I painted other Critters on Bikes (though not insects, before this). My sister likes dragonflies.... it seemed like a good idea at the time. 

I was pretty dissapointed with it at this stage (the bike - in particular the wheels - looked a little too chunky - like some kind of insane 29er+ gravel bike), so I started over...

Black Meadowhawk Rides a Red Cervelo II

(18cmx13cm, Ink and Watercolour on paper,  December 2020)

This one I liked even less, so I went back and tried to fix the first one - painting some gouache onto the rims to make it more clear that they're supposed to be deeper aero rims... 

Black Meadowhawk Rides a Red Cervelo I - finished

(18cmx13cm, Ink and Watercolour on paper,  December 2020)

It sucked less, so... 


and... that's about it... I did some sketching out of ideas foe more paintings/drawings, but no finished stuff I feel the need to share... Hopefully some of those ideas will be actualized in the new year. 

I guess that's it for this year. 

Not going to lie, 2020 sucked chunks... but I am glad I got back to making art. Hopefully this continues into the new year and we all get back to a sense of normalcy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment