Friday, October 4, 2013

Noses Are Hard

I was discussing drawing with my daughter the other day. She is seven. She told me the hardest thing about drawing people was noses. "Noses are hard" she said. I couldn't agree more - as evidenced by these first two drawings from my sketchbook over the last week or so... 



Tried to draw Finnegan explaining his birthday card for my sister. Messed up her nose - it's not nearly so huge! (Sorry Margie!)

True story about the singing.



Tried to draw Amanda meditating while waiting for the kids Irisih Dance classes to finish up. she was sitting so still... yet I still messed up the nose... ugh... (Sorry Amanda!)



We've been reading to each other. Last week we were finishing up Roald Dahl's Matilda for Book Club. One read while the other two drew.



My parent's will be leaving this apartment they've lived in for a couple years now. It has quite the view from the 6th floor along the riverbank. I've often thought I should go for a visiti with the kids some time and do some drawings of the views... I better get on that!



Another crack at the Albert Community Centre - this time with less colour... It's getting cold I'm not sure if I'll be able to sit outside and draw the building for too many more weeks...


No comments:

Post a Comment