In March of 2021 I realized it was 50 days until Amanda turned REDACTED which was precisely the number of pages in this little sketchbook... so I thought I'd draw a picture a day of her until her birthday...
(I don't love the cover... As with my practice with covers in the past, I would just stick whatever stickers I happened to have and some turned out and some just look a mess... this one is more of a mess... The stickers were mostly put on sketchbooks like this - because they look the same, front and back - and the stickers allow me to orient the book right side up before opening it)
The plan completely fell apart after, like, three days... it was the middle of the pandemic and while Amanda was home everyday, and thus there were plenty of opportunities to draw her... there was not a lot of variety in the activities and potential poses... she stood at her desk and worked, or sat and watched TV in the evening... occasionally did some yoga...
I've kept it and occasionally tried to add pictures to it over the years... I've taken it on vacation with us... but most of the pictures seem to have been drawn while she was watching TV, working on her computer or waiting for something. Amanda is a difficult person to draw as she DOES NOT OFTEN SIT STILL!!
I think maybe two of them were drawn from a photo..,?
I've posted some of these on Facebook or Instagram or Bluesky... but somehow not a lot of them have ended up on this blog! And some I've never posted ANYWHERE!? So I decided to create a gallery for the whole bunch, now that the book is complete!
THIS is not that gallery... this is just a post ABOUT the Gallery with SOME of the pictures you'll find there!
If you're on a desktop computer the link to the Gallery should be over on the left under PAGES... if you're on a. phone, it's a little trickier to find, so here's a link directly to it:








No comments:
Post a Comment