Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Last Clay Class

For the last 8 weeks or so the kids have been taking a clay hand-building class run by the Saskatoon Potter's Guild for homeschoolers. It's an hour and a half long, during which I mostly sat in the park adjoining the Albert Community Centre and drew pictures (there are some here and here and here...). 

I'd really (REALLY) hoped we'd get by without snow at least until this class ended... 


No such luck... 


This last week the kids were just picking up all their stuff - and got to try their hand(s) at the potters wheel!


Keira having a go at it - while she was still smiling... 


Finnegan had a bit more success with his - not that they got to keep these. At the end of the class all the bowls and plates and lumps that the made on the wheel were thrown back into the bag.


As it was considerably colder I sat in the hall for most of the class and drew some of the bewildering array of pipes and conduit running about the ceilings... It kind of reminds me of the guts of the buildings in the movie Brazil... well, not quite.. 


Last week was the last week I could sit outside - it was hovering around freezing and I drew this tree. most of my pens had run out of ink so I had to do it with one of the thicker rapidographs... 


No comments:

Post a Comment