Friday, September 23, 2022

October Critters on Bikes Drawing Challenge!?

I initially posted this just on Facebook, but haven't been getting quite the response I'd hoped… So I thought I'd post it here as well, just in case either of you want to join in... I had this idea for an October Drawing Challenge... 

I like drawing critters. And bicycles. And critters ON bicycles. 

People often do drawing challenges through October (Inktober, etc) - sometimes working from a prompt list… 

So, I thought I might make my own prompt list this year. 31 Day of Critters on Bikes!? But what critters to draw? What bikes are they riding? What are they all wearing? These are the decisions that often just grind things to a halt. 

So that is where you come in! I thought I would draw 31 bicycle-riding-friends as critters on bikes! 

If you were a critter of some sort, what would you be? 

What is your favourite bike to ride? 

What do you wear while out riding it?  

More specific details are better - otherwise I have to just make shit up.  If you have pictures feel free to forward them to me in messenger or email. I will try to do the first 31 suggestions I get (there are NO GUARANTEES IN LIFE, however!). 

Just to be clear - these are, for the most part, going to be anthropomorphic animals, like the others I've been drawing recently - basically a clothed human body with an animal head (may or may not have tail) - unless you wish to be illustrated as a participant in World Naked Bike Ride Day!?

Fine print: 

You absolutely can use the image I post based on your suggestion (for non-commercial purposes- i.e. like, you can go ahead use it as a profile pic on social media, but not as a logo or in an ad for a business, without my permission.), but I would appreciate if you would link said image back to me (either my instagram or twitter accounts, or my art blog) 

I’m probably going to do these all in a sketchbook (I like keeping these things all together in one place!) so originals will not be for sale. 

5 comments:

  1. Either of us? Did your readership double? (I'm joking! LOL)

    But seriously, a few ideas:
    Otter on an agile off-road bike (don't know much about models or gear or anything)
    Octopus on a recumbent bike (I figure it would support the cephalopod better and it would have no problem reaching things like handlebars)
    And just so it's not all "O" critters, multiple monkeys on a tandem
    For extra credit, elephant on a tricycle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha-ha! Fun ideas, all of them. But the idea was to visualize what sort of critter YOU would be, if you were a critter riding a bicycle, so... pick ONE!

      Delete
  2. I don't know why I was stumped by this, but how about a peregrine on a purple Concorde with cargo shorts?

    ReplyDelete